Outlet Avenue is a where you can purchase unique goods directly from sellers around the world. Whether you are looking for handmade or vintage goods or craft supplies, we want you to have a positive experience shopping on Outlet Avenue. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
1. Understanding Outlet Avenue’s Limitations as a Venue.
Outlet Avenue provides a venue for buyers to discover and purchase from sellers around the world. It is important to note that Outlet Avenue is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on Outlet Avenue, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from Outlet Avenue, but from one of the many talented sellers on Outlet Avenue;
- Outlet Avenue does not pre-screen items sold on Outlet Avenue and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on Outlet Avenue or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies);
- Each seller on Outlet Avenue has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies; and
- You assume responsibility if you provide your own materials for a custom order.
As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a shop that violates any of Outlet Avenue’s policies. Flagging is confidential.
2. Communicating with Other Outlet Avenue Members
You can use Outlet Avenue’s Messages (“Messages”) tool to communicate directly with sellers or other Outlet Avenue members. Messages are a great way to ask sellers any questions you have about an item or an order. Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or otherwise violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
- Exchanging personal contact, financial or other information for the purposes of evading the checkout process on Outlet Avenue, including phone number, address, email, social media handles, external URLs, instructions for money transfer, etc.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Outlet Avenue. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as “click fraud.”
Harassment and Discrimination
3. Purchasing an Item on Outlet Avenue
When you buy from a shop on Outlet Avenue, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, and processing times. By making a purchase from a seller on Outlet Avenue, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
When purchasing from sellers using Outlet Avenue Payments, buyers may authorize a payment with any major credit or debit card accepted by Outlet Avenue, with Outlet Avenue Gift Cards, Outlet Avenue Credits and Outlet Avenue Coupons (subject to applicable limitations. See Outlet Avenue Gift Card, Credits & Coupons Policy), by certain bank transfer services, through , Or any payment gateway (where available), Apple Pay, Google Pay, or through Klarna (where available).
By using a third-party service, you may also be subject to an agreement with the third party. For example, , Or any payment gateway is a third-party service provided by , Or any payment gateway Holdings, Inc. and is subject to the , Or any payment gateway User Agreement. Apple Pay is a third-party service provided by Apple Inc. and is subject to the Apple Pay Terms and Conditions. Google Pay is a third-party service provided by Google Payment Corp. and is subject to the Google Pay Terms of Service for US users, non-US users, and India residents. Payment methods made available by Klarna are third-party services provided by Klarna Inc. to buyers and are subject to Klarna’s Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice.
When purchasing from sellers who use , Or any payment gateway only, buyers may pay through , Or any payment gateway only. Outlet Avenue may share your personal or transactional information with those third-party service providers for purposes related to payments processing. The provider and processing time for your payment will vary based on the country in which you’re located. If there are insufficient funds in your bank account when our provider processes the payment for your purchase, Outlet Avenue reserves the right to contact you directly and to seek payment.
For the safety of our community, and to avoid scams and fraud, all transactions must take place through the Outlet Avenue checkout system, and only transactions that take place through the Outlet Avenue checkout system are eligible for our case system (this excludes orders made via Standalone , Or any payment gateway). Learn more about our fee avoidance policy here.
It is prohibited to share contact information for the purposes of evading the checkout system on Outlet Avenue. If you need to discuss the details of your order with your seller, please keep your communication on the Outlet Avenue platform (via Messages).
4. Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of your purchase, for 100 days after the latter of your item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. You can edit your review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period. Your review and/or photograph and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and review pages.
By leaving a review or photograph, you acknowledge that your content may not violate our rules for Creating and Uploading Content in Section 5, in addition to the following:
- Contain graphic, mature, or obscene language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our mature content policy;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Outlet Avenue, or a third party;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the reviews system.
By uploading a photograph to one of Outlet Avenue’s websites or Outlet Avenue’s mobile app, you warrant that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph; and
5. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Outlet Avenue, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that:
- Contains hateful or derogatory language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our Anti-Discrimination and Hate Speech Policy;
- Contains threats, harassment, extortion, or violates our rules about interference;
- Violates someone else’s intellectual property rights;
- Is false, deceptive, or misleading;
- Contains unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Contains private information, whether it is your own, or someone else’s;
- Encourages or facilitates a transaction that evades the Outlet Avenue checkout process;
- Contains prohibited medical drug claims;
- Violates any of the rules described in our Prohibited Items Policy.
Some content on Outlet Avenue is subject to additional requirements. Please see the related sections above.
6. Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
Outlet Avenue’s Case System
Although Outlet Avenue is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a case system in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected and you are unable to reach a resolution with the seller. If you experience an order issue, the first thing you must do is contact the seller via the Help with Order link and give them 48 hours to resolve the issue. After this period, you can use Outlet Avenue’s case system to alert Outlet Avenue of an unresolved order issue in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing (Click here to learn more about cases, including how to open a case and your eligibility for opening a case). By using Outlet Avenue’s case system, you understand that Outlet Avenue may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. If you choose a refund as your preferred resolution, keep in mind that Outlet Avenue only allows on-platform refunds for a period of 180 days post-transaction. After this 180 window has elapsed, Outlet Avenue cannot support on-platform refunds for your order. However, you may still communicate directly with the seller to come to an off-platform resolution. Refunds issued by Outlet Avenue will be in your original form of payment, and if such payment is not available, an Outlet Avenue credit will be issued.
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item.
The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no valid proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Outlet Avenue.
Not as Described.
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Messages.
If Outlet Avenue determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping, if applicable. In the event that Outlet Avenue needs to refund the return shipping cost on behalf of the seller, that refund may come in the form of an Outlet Avenue Credit. For more information about Outlet Avenue Credits.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Outlet Avenue’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Outlet Avenue, including services and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Outlet Avenue’s checkout system.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via Messages. Note that all cancellations must comply with our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns. If you reside in the European Union or United Kingdom, you may be entitled to a 14-day “cooling off period,” or a “right of withdrawal,” during which you may return an item for any reason.