What We Expect from Sellers Who Work With Production Partners
Trust is the foundation of Outlet Avenue’s marketplace and community. When you work with a production partner, we trust you will make wise and informed choices. That means knowing that the businesses you collaborate with comply with all applicable laws, including safety, labor, and employment laws.
While Outlet Avenue does not audit or approve production partners, we do expect you to consider the following standards when choosing production partners to work with:
- No child labor or youth labor. Any production partner you choose to work with should follow all local laws and rules regarding working hours and working conditions for minors.
- No involuntary labor. Production partners should not use involuntary labor, including slave labor, prison labor, indentured labor, or forced labor.
- Humane working conditions. Work with production partners who provide humane working hours for their employees and who do not use any form of physical or psychological coercion or intimidation against their workers.
- Non-discrimination. Per our Anti-Discrimination Policy, there should be no tolerance for discrimination on the basis of:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law
Outlet Avenue may reach out for additional information to determine sellers’ commitment to these ethical expectations, as well as Outlet Avenue’s Handmade Policy.
Outlet Avenue cannot guarantee the conditions under which products listed for sale on Outlet Avenue were made. Outlet Avenue does not currently audit third-party production partners based on labor or other standards, and we do not require sellers to demonstrate that the materials incorporated into their products comply with the laws in the country or countries in which such suppliers do business. Outlet Avenue is not responsible for any production partners chosen by sellers.