Requests for Information Policy
Outlet Avenue aims to be a transparent and mindful company. In that spirit of transparency, this policy explains how we respond to requests for records or information about members of Outlet Avenue’s community.
1. Outlet Avenue Member Records and Information
Before you contact Outlet Avenue for records or information, first see if the information you are seeking is publicly available or request the records directly from the relevant Outlet Avenue member.
Some information about Outlet Avenue buyers and sellers (which we collectively refer to in this policy as “Outlet Avenue Members”) and Outlet Avenue Shops (which we refer to as “Shops”), such as a Shop’s name, the public name of its owner, and the Shop’s policies, is public and can be viewed by anyone at any time. In addition, Outlet Avenue members may have access to certain records by logging in to their accounts. For example, Outlet Avenue sellers can access and download sales records in .csv format, and all members can view their Messages history by navigating to the relevant pages in their Outlet Avenue accounts.
2. Outlet Avenue Requires Valid Legal Process
Legal process must contain enough identifying information so that Outlet Avenue can identify the member’s account. A common name, for example, does not uniquely identify a member’s account. Your legal process should include information such as an email address, transaction ID, username, shop name, or payment information.
3. Serving Outlet Avenue with Legal Process to Request Access to Member Information
Receipt of legal process by these means is for Outlet Avenue’s convenience only and does not waive any objections, including lack of jurisdiction, subpoena power, or improper service.
4. Emergency Circumstances
If your request for information involves an emergency regarding a danger of death or serious physical injury to a member of the Outlet Avenue community or any member of the public, please contact your local law enforcement. If you are a law enforcement officer seeking information relating to such an emergency, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your official email address and provide the following:
- Your name and title, the government agency you work for, and your full contact information (government email address, phone number, and fax number);
- A summary of the facts about the emergency situation, including how the situation poses a danger of death or serious physical injury to an Outlet Avenue member or any person;
- The identity of the person or people who are in danger;
- The specific records sought and how they relate to the emergency; and
- Why legal process cannot be obtained and the records must be disclosed without delay.
5. Notice to the Member Whose Records Are Sought
When practicable, unless prohibited from doing so, or where Outlet Avenue has a clear indication of illegal conduct in connection with the use of Outlet Avenue’s services, Outlet Avenue may notify the affected Outlet Avenue member before disclosing records or information requested about them, including providing a copy of the legal process. Outlet Avenue may also allow the member enough time to appear and object to the legal process in court, if necessary.
6. Requests for Witness Testimony
Outlet Avenue does not provide expert witnesses for trial or deposition. When Outlet Avenue produces records, we provide a standard records custodian declaration of authenticity. A live testimony by a records custodian is unnecessary because the records are self-authenticating.
7. Cost Reimbursement
Outlet Avenue may seek reimbursement for our costs directly incurred in searching for, assembling, collecting, and preparing records or information for production.